PROFESSIONAL SKILLS SUMMARY
• Respected instructor specializing in teaching role-playing, use of instructional tools in the creative arts environment for students seeking teaching degrees.
• Excellent interpersonal and communications skills, comfortable with artistic and technical personalities.
• Artistic engagements with a strong interest in the visual arts.
• Involvement in the local area drama, music and art venues
Howard Community College Columbia, MD August 2004 – Present
Responsible for class design and training delivery, training program development and execution, curriculum development, class organization and content preparation, class delivery and student evaluations and grading. The class trains students in all creative aspects required for drama program production. Efforts involve:
• Design and development of the training program, including creative development, role-playing, training curriculum and training documentation for students seeking education degrees
• Directs the visual art requirements for the program and manage its implementation
• Schedules classes, organizes teaching resources, coordinates instructor schedules, creates artwork and graphics, and produces program documents
Assistant Gallery Director 2006-2010
Gallery produces 10 shows annually with over 20,000 attendees from throughout the mid-Atlantic area. Responsible for establishing the annual gallery educational objectives, preparing program curriculum, preparing and executing gallery marketing plan, soliciting and evaluating prospective proposals, preparing gallery for artwork installation (and subsequent dismantling), developing and executing gallery outreach program, producing show materials and mail campaigns, and physical gallery layout.
Ohio State University
Bachelor of Art Degree, Liberal Arts
University of Baltimore
Master of Business Administration coursework
Howard Community College
On going coursework in graphic design, art, desktop publishing, HTML, web design
Landscape painting in Howard County and Maryland areas. I enjoy traveling and studying various cultures in the world. I play tennis, ski, mountain and road bike. Listening to random music.